The need for more PAS 2030 certified and TrustMark registered contractors is growing rapidly.
With a target for the UK to reach Net Zero by 2050 one of the key requirements is to address the issue of poor energy efficiency performance in homes.
The link to soaring energy prices, unhealthy homes due to damp and mould and a cost of living crisis is also driving more landlords and home owners to invest into the retrofit of their properties with insulation measures and renewable technologies.
24 Million Homes and Six Funding Schemes
There is an estimated 24 million domestic properties and currently six funding schemes that need contractors that have the relevant certification and proven competency.
So the opportunity is HUGE.
What are the funding schemes?
- Green Rewards – Brand new initiatives have been launched and there is likely to be more. This is non-government funding, aimed at the able to pay market; banks and building societies are releasing loans and cash back rewards to encourage home owners to retrofit their homes from TrustMark registered businesses.
- Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund – We have established relationships with primary contractors who have been successful in securing funding for SHDF. They have asked Simply Certification to introduce our clients once certified, as they are extending their supply chains to deliver larger schemes.
- ECO4 – Currently under the fourth wave The Energy Company Obligation is aimed at lower income homes that need multiple energy efficiency measures installed to help combat fuel poverty.
- ECO Plus – Get ready for the complementary scheme to ECO4 which is currently under consultation and due to start in the Spring.
- Home Upgrade Grant (HUG) – The HUG scheme is designed for the improvement of energy performance and heating systems for off gas grid homes in England.
- Local Authority Delivery (LAD) – Currently under the third phase LAD schemes are managed by local authorities to target low income homes in their area.
To qualify to deliver under these you will need to be a TrustMark registered business and hold the relevant certification for the measures or technologies that you install.
We know the wider importance to stop homes damaging the planet.
We also know that homeowners and tenants are trying to reduce their spend on energy costs.
We know that properties that are poorly ventilated are causing damage to the health of the occupiers.
All of these reasons are forcing a serious and committed drive for change and a significant increase in the UK supply chain of certified installers.
If you are a contractor that delivers home improvements, then being part of this supply chain will not only future proof your business and open up opportunities but you will also be supporting a cause that will protect the most vulnerable as well as helping to achieve Net-Zero and protect our environment.
Contact our friendly team who will take you through the various options:
T: 0191 323 3960